The History - Established in 1643 by Claude Trudon, Cire Trudon is one of the most famous wax producing factory in France. As the provider of Louis XIV's French royal court, as well as the most glorious cathedrals and churches throughout France, the history and know-how is unsurpassed.
The Wax - The wax formulas of the Trudon candles are the fruit of specific developments that are the source of its exceptional olfactory and burning qualities. When correctly burned, no smoke is emitted from a Trudon candle and no wax is left on the inside of the glass.
The Glass - Cire Trudon travelled to Vinci in Italy to have master craftsmen create its hand-blown candle glass. Its deep colour and its smart irregular profile varies for each glass, no two glasses are identical.
The Label - The gold label adorning our candles is inspired by a bas relief found at the old Royal Wax Manufacture which used to belong to the Trudon family. Situated in Antony, near Paris, it now belongs to the Church. Nowadays the domain hosts the nuns of the Saint-Joseph de Cluny congregation.